Phlebectomy is a technique to remove varicose veins.
During a phlebectomy several tiny cuts (incisions) are made in the skin through which superficial varicosed vein(s) is removed.
Things to Know
- A phlebectomy is ideal for bulging varicose veins that are close to the surface of the skin.
- The procedure is minimally invasive.
- You will recover from the procedure quickly, most patients can return to their normal activities within 24 hours of the surgery.
- Complications are rare, but possible.
- A phlebectomy is not your only treatment option. Your doctor can consult with you about other treatment options.
Sclerotherapy is a medical procedure used to eliminate varicose veins and spider veins. Sclerotherapy involves an injection of a solution directly into the vein. The solution irritates the lining of the blood vessel, causing it to collapse and stick together and the blood to clot.
Before and After